Full Water Line Inspections & Repairs
When something is amiss with your home's water line, it's time to call in an expert. The seasoned plumbers at Linthicum Plumbing & Drain Cleaning, Inc., are available around the clock to handle all of your plumbing needs. We offer water line repair near Linthicum, along with full water line replacement. If your water line is in need of replacement, we will dispatch our crew to your home to take care of it. We work quickly and efficiently, so you'll have running water again in your home as soon as possible.
Running water is an essential modern convenience that relies on an intact water line leading into the home. Like most Baltimore-area homeowners, you probably don't think too much about your home's water line until it starts causing problems. You might notice flooding in your yard, a much higher water bill, or a metallic taste to your water. If you suspect that there's something wrong with your water line, it's important to call the plumbers at Linthicum Plumbing & Drain Cleaning. We have the skill and experience necessary to replace your water line without digging a long trench in your yard.
Common Water Line Damage Problems
A working, reliable water line is an indispensable part of every home. If there is an issue with your water line, it's important to have it repaired by a professional as quickly as possible. A damaged water line can harm your home in a number of ways:
- It can reduce the pressure in your water line, reducing the amount of water that your taps get.
- It can soak the ground around your home, which can lead to foundation problems and structural damage.
- It can lead to expensive property damage, including damage to your drywall, flooring, and landscaping.
Common Water Line Problems
There are many reasons why your property might need a new water line. Perhaps your water needs have changed, or maybe your water line has suffered one of the following kinds of damage.
- Root Invasion: If you have an old tree in your yard, there's a chance that its roots could infiltrate your pipes, causing a leak or clog. Some trees have roots that spread much further than you might think.
- Pinhole Leaks: Tiny pinhole leaks often occur in copper pipes, and are caused by gradual corrosion. These small leaks can cause big problems over time.
- Freezing: Some pipes may freeze and burst during especially cold Baltimore winters. This can cause serious flooding.
Benefits of Replacing Your Water Line
If your water line has been severely damaged, your plumbers may recommend replacing it. While water line replacement may seem like a big step, it can pay off in the long run. These are some of the advantages of having a worn-out or damaged water line replaced:
It ensures cleaner water. Damage to a water line can result in contaminated water, which can pose a risk to your health. Having a brand new water line will allow you to enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your running water is clean.
It means less wasted water. When a water line is damaged by tree roots or pinhole leaks, the resulting water loss can be extremely costly. A new water line will prevent you from wasting water, and will allow you to keep your water bills from shooting up overnight.
It can boost the value of your home. All the benefits of having a new water line add up to a benefit in themselves: They can enhance the value of your home. If you decide to sell your home in the future, having a brand new water line will provide you with a great selling point for prospective buyers.
Trenchless Replacement Benefits
The plumbers from Linthicum Plumbing can remove most clogs fairly easily. If your water line has suffered extensive damage, however, you may require trenchless water line replacement. Here are a few benefits of trenchless replacement.
- Speedy Service: Compared with traditional pipe replacement, which involves digging a long trench, trenchless replacement is very quick and easy. Most replacement jobs take less than one day to complete.
- Minimal Landscape Damage: Digging a trench can also cause serious damage to your plants, driveway, patio, or whatever else happens to be above your water line. Trenchless replacement only involves the digging of two small holes on either end of your water line.
- Permanent Replacement: Do you know how old your pipes are? Replacing your old water line can reduce the likelihood of problems in the future.